Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Comings and Goings

Only ONE MORE DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

I plan on finishing up early, then spending the rest of the morning in the garden where I will plant beans, squash, second plantings of chard and spinach.

We found some funky peppers at the nursery today. Black, brown, and purple. Can't wait for them to come on. We also planted blue potatoes again. We couldn't find the starts at all last year, but loved them when we had them two years ago. They're not the prettiest cooked, but they're unusual. My son also planted giant pumpkins. We should get pumpkins that top 100 lbs.

Went to the library today. Picked up a volume of short stories and Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I just finished M is for Magic, a collection of Gaiman's shorts targeted toward young people. I'm reading a historical fiction entitled Crusader by Michael Alexander Eisner. So far it's quite compelling.

Only 10 more days until our vacation. I think I have everything arranged for the care of our managerie. I'm most worried about the dog. She's a bit geriatric these days, and doesn't get around quite like she used to. I'm sure she'll be fine. She's staying with a dear friend of ours.

Got a sunburn mowing the lawn and (finally) planting my tomatoes.

No comments: