Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Story, a Story

I actually started and finished a story today. First time in a long time!

It started out as an exercise in writing fantasy flash fiction. That was the intention.

But you know how it is with stories. You get an idea or start working on story generation and the end result is seldom what you had in mind from the beginning.

It still turned out to be flash length. That part is easy. You simply control the number of characters, conflicts, and scenes and you can't hardly go wrong.

It ended up at around 970 words and MIGHT be considered fantasy, but was probably more along the lines of mainstream as the magic isn't necessarily really there, depending on how you look at it. So my fantasy ended up being a story inspired by the recent events at that FLDS ranch in Texas.

I think I'll post it at Hatrack to see what kind of feedback I get there, then see what happens.