I'm a conservative, so there.
I do not affiliate with any party. I find party politics distasteful and self-serving.
I believe in small government, TINY government, and the protection of our right to self-determination wherever that self-determination does no harm to anyone else.
I received an email from my dad yesterday. As is so common in emails that travel the circuit, it was attributed to someone who probably didn't actually ever say it or write it, but I liked the email anyway. It said this:
* You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
* You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
* You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
* You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
* You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
* You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
I agree strongly with these statements, whoever said them. My question, for myself mostly, is, which candidates most likely agree with these statements and will work to make them a reality in the administration of our government--both local and national?